DESIGN YOUR LIBRARY CARD
Do you have a passion for books and art? Then enter our competition to design our next library cards.
THEME AND GUIDELINES
The theme is “What’s your story, Whakaoriori’. Entries will be judged on creativity, design, printability, and the message communicated.
WHO CAN ENTER
Entries are open to anyone who is a member of the Masterton District Library or a resident of Masterton. MDC staff and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
Entries can be submitted in person at the Masterton District Library. Digital submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org in JPEG or PDF format. All artwork must be original, previously unpublished, and free of copyright restrictions.
Entries must be accompanied by the official application which is available at the library or on the library website. Download the entry form here
- All hand drawn designs must be completed on the template
- Limit one entry per person, no group projects
- You must be a member of the Masterton District Library or a resident of Masterton to enter.
- The basic card dimensions are 5.5 cm x 8.5 cm.
- All artwork must be original and can include high resolution (300dpi) computer-generated or digital photographic submissions or paper submissions using high quality coloured pencil, pen, paint, camera or computer generated art. Artwork should be one-dimensional for printing purposes. There should be no glitter, glue or pictures stuck to the artwork.
- The contest starts on 1 July and the deadline to submit card design entries is Saturday 31st July at 1pm. Digital submissions must be emailed by midnight.
Six finalists will be announced on Friday 6th of August and their artwork will be displayed in the Masterton District Library and its social media pages.
The community will then vote for their favourite design for two weeks on the Masterton District Library social media pages or at the library. Two winners will be announced on Monday 23rd August.
The winning designs will be used for the official library cards and may also be used on library card promotional materials, including posters, bookmarks, forms and fliers and on the library’s website.
All rights to the artwork will belong to the Masterton District Library. Winning artwork may need to be modified to comply with Masterton District Library’s branding guidelines and printer specifications.