Queen Elizabeth Park

A Publick Reserve

When Masterton was first settled in 1854 a 40-acre section was set aside as a “publick reserve” on the eastern side of Dixon Street.

Read More...

Stockade

The stockade was built in 1868.


Read More...

Grandstand

The Queen Elizabeth Park grandstand has witnessed 120 years of community activity.

Read More...

Cenotaph

The Wairarapa Soldiers Memorial was officially dedicated in September 1923.

Read More...

Bandrooms

The Mastertom District Brass Band is housed in Queen Elizabeth Park.


Read More...

Dendrochronology

Many of the North American conifers in Queen Elizabeth Park date from the time of the first plantings in the late 1870s.

Read More...

Pownall Gates

The gates at the main entrance to Queen Elizabeth Park commemorate ex-mayor C.A. Pownall.

Read More...

Band Rotunda

The band rotunda in Queen Elizabeth Park commemorates the coronation of Edward VII.

Read More...

Coronation Hall

The Coronation Hall, opened in 1912, was the park's second tea kisok.

Read More...

Lake of Remembrance

The Masterton Park lake was officially opened in 1908.

Read More...

Masterton Beautifying Society

The Masterton Park rockery was donated by the Masterton Beautifying Society.

Read More...

The Bell Tower

The bells from the Masterton Post Office clock hang in the Park bell tower for 30 years.


Read More...